Coconut Banana Overnight Oats with smartBARK! Crispy Quinoa
Start off your day with a delicious boost of energy! No, I’m not talking about smoothies. There’s no reason to bust out the blender when you can get a tasty, filling, and energizing meal with easy overnight oats.
This quick recipe is my go-to breakfast option and is something I look forward to every day.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of rolled oats (I recommend Bob’s Red Mill Organic)
- 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ banana cut
- Find a container with a lid. I use a Mason jar or a glass Pyrex container.
- Add in oats, chia seeds, shredded coconut.
- Slice the banana. You can cut it into big pieces or small depending on your preference. Once cut, add the pieces to the jar.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add in the milk and stir it well. It may seem like there is too much milk now, but when you let it sit overnight, it will absorb.
- Add agave syrup to taste if you want it on the sweeter side.
- Let it sit in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Take it out of the fridge, stir, and top with a few pieces of smartBARK! Crispy Quinoa.
- Don’t skimp on the milk. You’ll need to use equal parts milk and oats to achieve optimal consistency. If you put in less milk, your oats will have dry patches. If you put too much, you’ll end up with a watery oat soup.
- Add a pinch of salt. Trust me, it helps tie it all together. If you’ve felt like your oats have been lacking something, a bit of salt will set it straight.
- Get creative! We hope this recipe inspired you to try more overnight oat recipes. It’s so easy to make that you can try out a bunch of ingredients to figure out what combo is your favorite.
- Try out different temperatures. If you’ve never had overnight oats before, you might not know what temperature is best for you. I personally like it cold. You grab it out of the fridge and enjoy it right away. If you want something to warm you up in the morning, go ahead & heat it up! Note: If you prefer it heated, you’ll want your smartBARK! on the side because it will melt otherwise.
- This is a great alternative to sugary cereals because you control what goes in it. And if you need it a little sweeter, there are plenty of natural sweeteners that do the trick. Try using fresh fruit, local maple syrup, or agave syrup.